Friday, October 6, 2017

“Bob & Timmy & Lassie”

Fresca, l’astronave, has made a photo-collage to go with my story “The Poet”: it’s “Bob & Timmy & Lassie.”

[All of this silliness reminds me of something the owner of a corner grocery in Brookline, Massachusetts, said to Elaine and me one night in the mid-1980s: “It’s good to get away from reality once in a while.” Confirming what we already knew.]

comments: 2

Fresca said...

Was that grocer... Wittgenstein?
You remember, he advised similarly,
"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness."

(Would he ever visit the Martins though...?)

Michael Leddy said...

If he did, I’m sure that he would offer to help with the dishes. (He had a thing about dishes.)

I’m pretty sure there’ll be more stories showing up.